Great New Children's Book


I haven’t done a lot of book reviewing, but I thought I’d give it a shot. When I saw the cover for Brenna and the Horses of Lusayana, it caught my attention, reminding me of my great aunt’s art work, and I was further interested when I learned the author, Lee Landes, was a continent away in the United Kingdom.  

I was a little hesitant when I realized that Brenna and the Horses of Lusayana was a children’s book, thinking the plot would be overly simple. Not the case, in fact this book requires the reader’s full attention as the main character, a twelve-year old girl named Brenna, is drawn into a complex quest to learn about her past in the hopes of breaking a centuries-old family curse and saving her mother’s life.  

The story is a fantasy set in a rugged coastal landscape in the United Kingdom where Brenna is guided through a treacherous journey by the mystical White Horses of Lusayana. Throughout this amazing adventure she unlocks the family secrets her mother has tried desperately to hide and discovers true friendship she never imagined possible.  

The book is intended for 9-12 year olds, but I wouldn’t set a maximum age limit since the story has plenty of twists and turns to keep readers of all ages interested.  It will appeal to anyone who loves stories of courage and determination, and it provides an escape into a fantasy world of possibilities. To find out more about Brenna and the Horses of Lusayana or author, Lee Landes, visit http://www.leelandes.blogspot.co.uk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author